Established in 1938, Stavropol State Medical University is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the urban setting of the small city of Stavropol (population range of 250,000-499,999 inhabitants), Stavropol Krai. Officially accredited/recognized by the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, the University is one of the authoritative educational and scientific medical centers of Russia. In 2010 all activity spheres of the University were licensed and the State Accreditation Certificate was received.
The University has 75 chairs where 97 Doctors of Sciences, more than 300 Candidates of Sciences, 47 honored Physicians of the Russian Federation, 4 honored Scientists of the Russian Federation work. There are 7 faculties in the University where 4 500 Russian and foreign students from 33 countries of the world are trained. In 2011 in Stavropol State Medical University new lines for preparation of specialists are opened: defectology, biology, biotechnology, physical training for persons with health deviations, economics, and social work.
The Stavropol State Medical University is one of the few Russian medical universities recognized by the Medical Council of India. The University is listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools published by the World Health Organization (WHO) which enables our graduates to hold a job in any country of the world after taking national examinations. The activity of the University has been marked by high international award “Earth maker”, which testifies belonging to community of world leaders of various industries, sciences, cultures and national health services.
- Established in 1938 in the city of Stavropol, an ancient city in the North Caucusus, it is today among the largest educational, scientific and methodical center of medicine in Russia
- High creative potential of the teaching staff and the modern laboratory equipment encourages scientific researches which have great value for practical public health services
- Medium of instruction is English
- Stavropol State Medical University is one of the few Russian medical universities recognized by the Medical Council of India
- International students are taught in batches of 8 to 12 in a class
- The University ranks among the Top 5 Medical Universities in Russia
- Equipped with the most modern diagnostic and teaching aids
Courses offered and duration
In Russia, Medical courses are offered in both English and Russian languages.
- General Medicine - 6 years
- Dental - 5 years
- Sports Medicine - 6 years
- General Medicine - 7 years (Includes 1 year language course).
- Dental - 6 years (Includes 1 year language course).
- Sports Medicine - 7 years (Includes 1 year language course).