The Saint Petersburg State University of Aerospace Instrumentation is a university with 13 faculties in Saint Petersburg, Russia. Faculties are devoted to innovation management, aerospace engineering, electronic engineering, energy development, computer science, telecommunication, humanities, military science, economics, jurisprudence and special faculties for distance education and recently acquired colleges.
University has several buildings and campuses, two of them located near to Chesme Church. Main building is located on shore of Moyka River, on the opposite shore of river stands the building of Moika Palace. One campus of SUAI is situated in Ivangorod, near to border with Estonia.
There are students from many countries through international educational programs. Total quantity of students is more than 10 thousand.
|Name||Established||Quantity of departments|
|Institute of innovation and basic training of masters||2008||5|
|Institute of aerospace equipment and systems||1941||4|
|Institute of radio engineering, electronics and telecommunication||1945||4|
|Institute of innovative technologies in electro-mechanics and energy development||1962||2|
|Institute of computer systems and computer programming||1962||4|
|Institute of information systems and information security||2005||4|
|Faculty of humanities||1991||4|
|Institute of military education||2001||2|
|Institute of business technologies||1986||5|
|Faculty of jurisprudence||1994||6|
|Institute for open and distance learning||1951||2|
|Faculty of additional professional education||1969||2|
|Faculty of vocational education (two united colleges)||1930/2009||5|
|Campus in Ivangorod||2000||6|
In 1941 the institute was founded as the "Leningrad Institute of Aviation" In 1945 the institute was reorganized as the "Leningrad Institute of Aviation Instrumentation" In 1992 the Leningrad Institute of Aerospace Instrumentation passed the state accreditation and has received a new status - Saint-Petersburg State Academy of Aerospace Instrumentation
In 1998 the Saint-Petersburg State Academy of Aerospace Instrumentation passed the state accreditation and has received a new status - Saint-Petersburg State University of Aerospace Instrumentation (abbreviation SUAI)
In 2007 SUAI acquired two colleges, whose main specializations were computer science, automatics and electronics. They were united into new faculty in 2009. Both of them were established in 1930.
- Russian Federal Space Agency
- Moscow State Aviation Technological University
- Baltic State Technical University
- Kazan State Technical University named after A. N. Tupolev
- Moscow Aviation Institute
- Siberian State Aerospace University
- Ufa State Aviation Technical University
- Rybinsk State Aviation Technical University
- Samara State Aerospace University
- Ulyanovsk State University
- Yuri Vasilyevich Gulyayev - full Member of the USSR Academy of Sciences (1984-1991), the Russian Academy of Sciences (since 1991)
- Nikolay Nikolayevich Krasil'nikov - professor, winner of the Russian Federation Government Prize in Education (2009)