The Saint Petersburg State Medical University also known as First Pavlov State Medical University of St. Petersburg is one of the leading Medical Schools in Russia. It was founded more than 100 years ago in 1897 as first Russian Medical Institute for Women. The present name - St.-Petersburg State Medical University - was given in 1994 by Government of the Russian Federation.
The University contributes considerably to development of Medical Sciences and Health Care Services in Russia and it is recognized in the World as a big center for training specialists in various medical areas. The University has a great scientific - teaching potential and has good relations with many Medical Schools and Institutions in different countries. Students being thought at St.-Petersburg State Medical University have a possibility to study on the modern level keeping the best traditions of old Russian Medical Schools.
The "Doctor of Medicine" degree awarded by Saint Petersburg State Medical University
is included in the Directory of medical schools of World Health Organization and is recognized by the UF GMC, by US ECFMG, by the Medical councils of India, Sri-Lanka, Bangladesh, Ireland and many other countries. Today there are over 1900 foreign students from 32 countries studying in the Academy.
Faculties of Saint Petersburg State Medical University
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Sports Medicine
- Faculty of Adaptive Physical Education Culture
- Faculty of Pediatrics
- Faculty of Clinical Psychology
- Faculty for Foreign Students
- Higher Education Nursing School
- Faculty of Postgraduate Studies
- Faculty of Pre-University Education