OREL STATE UNIVERSITY was founded in 1931 with the establishment of Orel Industrial-Pedagogical Institute. In 1932 it was renamed to Oryol State Pedagogical Institute, and in 1993 - to the Oryol State Pedagogical University. Orel State University is located in the city OREL, distance between Moscow and Orel is 325 kilometers.
University is recognized as a leading institution of higher education in the region and has the highest rating among the classical universities in Russia. Today the Institute is the successor of the best traditions of Russian classical medical education. At present, the institute has 17 departments, which employ more than 100 full-time teachers, of whom more than 30 doctors Professors, 77 associate professors, 3 Honored Scientist of the Russian Federation, 8 Honored Doctor of the Russian Federation, one Honored Worker of Higher Education, 12 academicians and 11 corresponding members of various public academies.
FACULTIES OF OREL STATE UNIVERSITY
- Faculty of Medicine
(medical institute of Orel State University)
- Faculty of Physics and Mathematics
- Faculty of Philosophy
- Faculty of Technology Entrepreneurship and Service
- Faculty of Philology
- Faculty of History
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Economics and Management
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Foreign Languages
- Graphic Arts
- Faculty of Pedagogical Education
- Faculty of Pedagogy and Psychology
- Faculty of Social Pedagogy and Social Work
- Faculty of Physical Education and Sport
- Preparatory Faculty
- Faculty of retraining and advanced training
- Faculty of Aesthetic Education.